Friday, September 18, 2009

Light The Night Walk: Results

Last night was the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light The Night Walk. Although my feet still haven't forgiven me, I had a great time! I got to meet some great people and I think we all really felt part of something awesome! Team Reese's Pieces raised over $3200 online plus some cash and check donations that were turned in at the event. All in all, the walk raised over $180,000 for LLS.


Everyone attending the walk got a lighted balloon to walk with. Sarah, Rebecca and I received white balloons and special shirts signifying that we are cancer survivors.


Walkers there showing their support received a red balloon while those walking in memory of someone received a gold balloon. Over 1000 people walked for two miles along the lakefront and back.


I am so happy to have participated in the event and am grateful to everyone that walked on or donated to our team. We were more successful than I ever thought we would be. I can't wait for next year to try and raise even more!

Below are random photos from the walk of our team:







No comments:

Post a Comment

If I personally know you, use the "name/url" or "anonymous" option on the drop-down list and include your name so I know who said what. Thanks! Mikey